|75.54-carat fancy vivid yellow radiant cut diamond ring|
It’s becoming an anticipated part of the Monaco social calendar. Jacob & Co., the New York-based luxury jeweler and watchmaker, will host its fourth annual “Magnificent Timepieces & Jewels” exhibition August 4 – 22 at the Salle Belle Époque ballroom of the Hotel Hermitage.
The exhibition is being presented by Stardust Monte Carlo, a longtime Monaco-based luxury jeweler. Among the highlights:
* A 75.54-carat fancy vivid yellow radiant cut diamond ring set in platinum and an 18k yellow gold mounting (top photo).
* The public premiere of the Caviar Emerald Tourbillon, a timepiece with 425 invisibly set baguette cut Zambian emeralds totaling 32.39 carats. The emeralds for the 47 mm watch took two years to acquire. Creating the invisible settings for the emeralds took another year to achieve.
* An 18k rose and white gold ring set with a 48.27 carat natural oval shaped Paraiba tourmaline surrounded by black, pink and white brilliant cut diamonds totaling 2.95 carats.
* An 18k rose gold cocktail ring centered with a 46.64-carat orange sapphire surrounded by pink and white diamonds totaling 2.89 carats.
* A necklace made of 16 natural Colombian briolette cut emeralds totaling 156.47-carats set in 18k white gold and highlighted by diamonds.
The exhibition will support Only Watch, a biennial auction benefiting muscular dystrophy research. Jacob & Co has created unique items for the charity that will be unveiled for the first time during the exhibition. There also will be an invitation-only gala cocktail reception, at the terrace of the Salle Belle Époque on August 6.
The exhibition will be open to the public from 5 pm till 11 pm daily, with private viewings offered to the brand’s top clients.
Please join me on the Jewelry News Network Facebook Page, on Twitter @JewelryNewsNet and on the Forbes website.