A Celebration of Jewelry and the Business Behind the Beauty
Leibish & Co
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Jackie Collins’ Big, Bold Jewels Up For Auction By Bonhams
Best selling author Jackie Collins lived a life that was as big and bold as the characters in her romance novels. Her jewelry of diamonds and colorful gems that included pieces by Cartier and Nardi reflected this attitude. These jewels are part of the “Jackie Collins: A Life in Chapters” auction at Bonhams Los Angeles. The $3 million, 1,000-lot sale of her Beverly Hills estate will be held May 16 and 17. The British native moved to Los Angeles on a full time basis in 1980s. It is here she thrived as both a writer and part of the Hollywood social scene until her death from breast cancer in 2015 at the age of 77. Among the top lots are signed jewels by Cartier and Nardi and watches by Patek Philippe, Harry Winston, Chanel and Chopard. They include the following:
* A 6.04-carat diamond solitaire ring with an estimate of $100,000 - 150,000;
* A diamond, emerald, stone and platinum necklace, estimate $40,000 - 60,000;
* An emerald, diamond and platinum plaque clip brooch, estimate, $20,000 - 30,000;
* A diamond, emerald, white gold and platinum ear pendants, estimate $8,000 - 12,000;
* An Art Deco diamond, black Onyx and platinum bracelet, estimate, $7,000 - 9,000;
* A Cartier 18k bi-color gold, “Panthere” collar, estimate $10,000 - 15,000. In addition, the sale will include several works by the English painter, Beryl Cook, including Tango in Bar Sur ($20,000 - 30,000) and Train Station Café ($20,000 - 30,000); Collin’s bespoke special edition 2002 Jaguar XKR Sports car, fittingly finished in metallic gold; estimated at $15,000 - 20,000; a selection of entertainment and career-related memorabilia taking in first editions of her works and a selection of her designer clothes. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to support the empowerment of young women in the arts and education. Collins published her first novel, The World is Full of Married Men, in 1968, marking the start of a 47-year writing career. The book was a bestseller, as were her next 31 novels which together sold more than 500 million copies in 40 countries worldwide. Please join me on the Jewelry News Network Facebook Page, on Twitter @JewelryNewsNet, the Forbes website and on Instagram @JewelryNewsNetwork
This blog is for those who are passionate about jewelry and watches and want to learn more about the industry. It's a place to find the best new products from all over the world and the latest news about the business of jewelry, watches and luxury. Readers gain a backstage pass to the glamour, fun and difficulties of the industry.
I am a freelance writer and editor who covers the luxury jewelry and watch industry for several publications, including Forbes.com the Financial Times, Hong Kong-based JewelleryNetAsiaand the Italian jewelry magazine, VO+. In addition, I have my own blog covering the jewelry and watch industry, Jewelry News Network.