A Celebration of Jewelry and the Business Behind the Beauty
Leibish & Co
Monday, June 25, 2012
Shortlist for the JNA Awards Announced
The shortlisted honorees in nine categories for the inaugural JNA Awards were announced at a press conference held on the first day of the June Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
“"The caliber of entries submitted to the inaugural JNA Awards was remarkable. Making the honoree list is a fantastic achievement for all the companies involved,” said Letitia Chow, founder of Jewellery News Asia and director of Business Development—Jewellery Group at UBM Asia, and chair of the JNA Awards judging panel.
The following individuals and companies have been selected for the honoree list of the inaugural JNA Awards 2012:
Three Decades of Excellence Award:
* Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Co Ltd from Hong Kong * Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt Ltd from India * Kashi Jewellers from India * Nelson Jewellery Arts Co Ltd from Hong Kong
Brand of the Year:
* Cartier from Switzerland * Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Co Ltd from Hong Kong * TTF from mainland China
Employer of the Year:
* Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Co Ltd from Hong Kong * Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt Ltd from India
Industry Innovation of the Year -- Manufacturing:
* K.S. Jewelry International Co Ltd from Thailand * Kiran Exports Hong Kong Ltd from Hong Kong * Nelson Jewellery Arts Co Ltd from Hong Kong * TTF from mainland China
Industry Innovation of the Year -- Retail:
* Plukka (HK) Ltd from Hong Kong
Manufacturer of the Year:
* Dharmanandan Diamonds Pvt Ltd from India * KGK Jewellery Manufacturing Limited from Hong Kong * Kiran Exports Hong Kong Ltd from Hong Kong * Pranda Group from Thailand
Retailer of the Year:
* Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Co, Ltd from Hong Kong * Luk Fook Holdings (International) Limited from Hong Kong * Sterling Jewelers Inc from the USA
Sustainability Initiative of the Year:
* Jewelmer International Corporation from the Philippines
Young Leader of the Year (Age 30 or below):
* L' Dezen Jewellery Co Ltd from Hong Kong * Leibish & Co Ltd from Israel * The Inspired Collection from New Zealand
The Wonder of the World category, which is open only to AsiaWorld-Expo exhibitors during the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair 2012, will be accepting entries until July 27. The recipient of the award will be announced during the JNA Awards ceremony on September 20.
The recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award will be selected by the main organizers and will be announced at a later date.
Rio Tinto, Chow Tai Fook, Robert Wan Tahiti, Israel Diamond Institute and the Shanghai Diamond Exchange are leading the event as JNA Awards 2012 (www.JNAawards.com) partners.
The JNA Awards is an industry-wide event that honors and recognizes excellence and achievement in the global jewellery trade with an Asian focus. The Awards ceremony and gala dinner will be held on 20 September 2012, during the September Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair, at The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong. The event, the first of its kind in Asia, is organized by Jewellery News Asia of UBM Asia in collaboration with the UBM Awards.
This blog is for those who are passionate about jewelry and watches and want to learn more about the industry. It's a place to find the best new products from all over the world and the latest news about the business of jewelry, watches and luxury. Readers gain a backstage pass to the glamour, fun and difficulties of the industry.
I am a freelance writer and editor who covers the luxury jewelry and watch industry for several publications, including Forbes.com the Financial Times, Hong Kong-based JewelleryNetAsiaand the Italian jewelry magazine, VO+. In addition, I have my own blog covering the jewelry and watch industry, Jewelry News Network.