|Jerry Greenfield of Ben & Jerry's|
|Mike Abrashoff, former commander, USS Benfold|
The Centurion luxury jewelry tradeshow will host a pair of keynote speakers who paved two different paths to success. They are Jerry Greenfield of Ben & Jerry's ice cream business and Mike Abrashoff, former commander of the USS Benfold.
Abrashoff, author of It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship In The Navy, will discuss how he took over a ship that went from being rated the worst in the Navy to the best in just one year. Meanwhile, Greenfield will discuss combining an entrepreneurial spirit with social responsibility and a radical business philosophy.
“We think both stories are well worth hearing,” said Howard Hauben, Centurion President.
Centurion also is offering two panel discussions:
* "Financial Management and Your Company," moderated by Don Greig, Focus Business Management Institute. Panelists are John Jackson, Albert S. Smyth Co. and an additional panelists to be announced; and
* "Dealing with The New Hair-Raising Diamond & Gem Fakes Coming into Your Market," moderated by Terry Chandler, DCA. Panelists are Alethea Inns, AGS Labratories; Jim Rosenheim, Tiny Jewel Box; and Dr. James Shigley, GIA.
New at Centurion 2013 are "Limited Edition Retailer Workshops"—in-depth sessions on selected relevant topics with a small class size. Attendees will have the chance to spend some quality time with Centurion's various speakers in an intimate setting with lots of time for questions and brainstorming. Attendees must sign-up in advance as seating is limited. The workshops are:
* "Retailers Sharing Centurion Lines That Work" - Gail Friedman, Sarah Leonard Fine Jewelry;
* "Building a Working Team" - (Commander Retired) Mike Abrashoff;
* "What Do You Do When a Wholesaler Moves into Your Market?" - Jennifer Demmary and Lori
Roberts, Reis Nichols Jewelers;
* "E-mail Marketing-How to Reach Your Clients Today," - Ron Cates, Constant Contact;
* "Technology Show & Tell" - moderated by The Knot’s Laura Cave, featuring retailers Ronda Daily and Ashley Daily,Bremer Jewelry; and Julia Gardner, David Gardner’s Jewelers.
The dates for the invitation-only luxury jewelry show are February 2 (arrival day) through February 6, 2013 (departure day) at an undisclosed location in Scottsdale, Ariz.
For additional information, contact Howard Hauben at firstname.lastname@example.org or (516) 377-5909.
Please join me on the Jewelry News Network Facebook Page, on Twitter @JewelryNewsNet and on the Forbes Web site.