Asteria Colored Diamonds

Asteria Colored Diamonds

TechForm

TechForm Platinum Jewelry Casting

Leibish & Co

Friday, April 13, 2012

I’m Back


I haven’t posted anything new in about a week. It wasn’t planned. Somehow spending time with my family this past weekend extended into taking care of personal things that I’ve neglected and trying to get back to a scheduled since I broke my arm two months ago. Just like that the week was over. I think it’s the longest I’ve gone without posting a story (although I did post earlier today).

It’s been spring here for a while now and the weather is finally catching up to the season. With the warmth comes a very busy time for the jewelry industry and for me. On Tuesday, I’ll be live tweeting from Christie’s Magnificent Jewels Auction. The following week I’ll be in Europe at the headquarters of one of the world’s best-known luxury brands (more on that soon). I am also working on an in-depth piece about luxury brands and digital media. It’s a continuation of a story I wrote for the Financial Times.

There are other things on the horizon as well. In the meantime I’d like to point you to a story by Sílvia Taveira on her blog titled, Adventures in the world of jewelry. The Portuguese resident is not only an excellent writer but she is also a skilled fine jewelry designer. It’s easy to see that she has a passion and strong understanding when it comes to design, fashion and individual style. In this story, “The 5 things I don’t know about JAR,” Sílvia examines her fascination with one of the world’s most successful and most reclusive luxury jewelry designers.

Enjoy