|Art Deco necklace with 16.24-carat D-color, internally flawless, VS2, pear-shaped diamond|
The jewels of business woman and philanthropist, Margaret Adderley Kelly, will lead Christie’s final jewelry auction of the spring season in New York on Tuesday. The 28 lots in the private collection include a Cartier Kashmir sapphire ring and an Art Deco diamond pendant necklace along with large diamond and gold suites, a variety of pearls and several ruby and sapphire pieces.
Ms. Kelly along with her husband, the late William R. Kelly, and their son, Mr. Terence E. Adderley, shaped the national employment agency and recruitment firm, Kelly Services, Inc., into a Fortune 500 company that now employs more than 550,000 people globally.
One of the top lots is called “The Kelly Sapphire,” (pictured above) a Cartier signed ring centered with a 21.71-carat Kashmir sapphire with no traces of heat enhancement. The stone is flanked by two trapeze-shaped diamonds. Its estimate is $1.5 million - $2 million.
The other item of note in the Kelly collection is an Art Deco necklace that features a 16.24-carat D-color, internally flawless, VS2, pear-shaped diamond pendant (top photo). Its estimate is $1.6 million to $2 million.
The diverse offering of more than 200 lots at Christie’s New York Important Jewels sale on Tuesday includes a group of colored and colorless diamonds, rare gemstones, and signed designer jewels.
Other auction highlights include:
* An 80.73-carat cushion-cut, K-color diamond with an estimate of $3 million - $5 million
* A 9.97-carat, cushion-cut, Kashmir sapphire with an estimate of $950,000 - $1.25 million
* A 28-carat cushion-cut Intense Fancy Yellow, VS2 diamond with an estimate of $700,000 - $900,000
* A 25.82-carat cushion-cut, K-color, VS2 diamond with an estimate of $600,000 - $700,000
* A 15.54-carat cut-cornered step-cut diamond by Cartier with an estimate of $330,000 - $450,000
* An Art-Deco diamond bracelet by Cartier with an estimate of $380,000 - $450,000
* A necklace with a 5.06-carat, pear-shaped D-color diamond and a 1.68-carat, pear-shaped fancy purplish-pink diamond, with an estimate of $280,000 - $350,000
* A 14.5-carat cut-corned fancy yellow diamond by Graff with an estimate of $250,000 - $350,000
* A 7.27 oval cut Colombian emerald with an estimate of $260,000 – $300,000